Saturday, November 15, 2014

Freshy

My experience at Brigham Young University has been very inconsistent.  Before moving here, I had only lived in one place for my whole life: Pacific Palisades, California, a bubble of perfect weather, people, and placement.  Rarely dropping below 65 degrees, I was in for a harsh awakening upon moving to Utah.  I was used to expensive cars, towering palm trees, and being able to drive 10 minutes in any direction and reach a whole new world.  Provo, needless to say, is nothing like home.

I chose to attend BYU because of the competitive acceptance rates into extremely respected medical schools around the country.  My dream is to one day attend Stanford Medical School, and the acceptance from BYU is overwhelmingly high.  I was immediately impressed by the prestige, the honor code, and specialized programs at BYU; the location couldn't turn me away.


Throughout my first semester as a student here, Brigham Young University has become a home for me, just in a different way.  I have already made lifetime friends, established incredible future career ties, and invested in some really warm clothing.  I plan to continue in my major, Neuroscience, and achieve my goal of maintaining a competitive GPA for medical school.


(Left to right) [above picture] Katie (me), Mackenzie, Ashley



Dallas, Taylor, Katie, Spencer, Ryan
(too many to name)


Ally, Cosmo, Katie


Ashley, Katie, Rachel







Thank you to those pictured and those who aren't for making my first semester here an unforgettable time in my life!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your description of home in California and also how you say you've made BYU your home just in a different way. Very good adjectives and humor!

    ReplyDelete