Friday, October 3, 2014

Research Paper Topics

One tradition in my family is tennis. Everyone plays tennis. I'd like to research my family's influence and statistics on how children are more likely to play a sport if their parents played it. Starting with my great grandfather, tennis was passed down to my grandfather, my dad and his siblings, and me, my siblings and cousins. It has become a daily routine to get up before school, practice, go to school, and practice more. The saying "work hard, play hard" exists in my family, but not in the way it was originally meant. "Play" doesn't mean messing around, it means tennis.
Why do sports get passed down generations?
Why is tennis such an important unification in my family?

This sounds like a great idea, maybe add why do people practice for sports?

This is a good idea but at the same time, add in how maybe there are exceptions to the rule. My dad played soccer here but I'm more into basketball and everyone else football. 

You could discuss any pressures felt by your family members to play tennis. I wrestled because my dad wrestled, Did anyone do tennis because they thought that tennis was what they had to do?

I would interview your siblings and children/parents from other families to get more of a scope for what the "general rule" is. Something that might be true for you could be completely opposite for other families. Be sure to get both sides of the argument in your research paper.


Thesis: 
B: my family plays tennis because my dad plays tennis, his dad played tennis, and his dad played tennis. passed down by the father figures. my cousins also play their father's sports.
A: research shows that fathers especially have an overwhelming influence on their children's physical tendencies
R: Although both parents play a significant role in the physical tendencies of their children, research shows that the father figure's activity is more influential.  Children are far more likely to play a sport if their parents played it, especially if their father did. 

Start with story of a nationals trip, show how my dad pushed us to be better and work harder, he plays a prominent role. research shows that most fathers play a prominent role. children are active if their parents are, but are influenced more by their father's tendencies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment