Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Babe Cave

Since I was born, I've had my own room.  I have never had to share a room with anyone else, and was a little nervous coming to the dorms at BYU.  My first thoughts were, "oh my gosh, it's so small!" when I saw my new room; now a room that I would have to share with a complete stranger.  Downsizing is an understatement. How could I live in such a small space with another person?, especially one I didn't even know.
(this is the babe cave)

I am the luckiest person alive, though. I hadn't thought so before I met her, but every day since the day we moved in, I've been reminded of how much the Lord was looking out for me. Ashley Patricia Bulloch is my roommate and my best friend. We look nothing alike.  I am decently tall and have blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin and slim to no curves.  Ashley is barely five feet tall with long brown hair, hazel eyes, olive skin, and has a booty that makes Sir Mix A Lot sing.  Despite these distinct physical differences, we are completely cloned on the inside.

We believe our souls were somehow split at birth or duplicated in transition, because there's no way two people could be so alike. We have almost identical likes and dislikes anywhere from style to allergies. While unloading our bags the day we moved in, we realized we had more than a couple matching outfits. Eating is a cinch together due to our taste pallets that read each other's minds.

Ashley and I are inseparable. We spend 24/7 together and never get sick of it. It's not an odd occasion if I wake up and Ashley has crawled into my bed in the middle of the night or vice versa. We take care of each other, build each other up, and have each other's backs.

It's odd, though, because we grew up very differently. Our struggles and victories have all been for different causes, but it has only brought us closer. By the time Thanksgiving break came along, we didn't want to leave each other. It's a blessing we only live an hour away from each other, because we spent three of the five days home together. Ashley and I have added each other to our families and joke often about how we won't get married and will just spend the rest of our lives with each other because we're happy enough now.

Even though I've only known Ashley for a short amount of time, it feels like I've known her for eternity. I'm so grateful for her and the example she is to me. I hope to always have her in my life. I love you Ashy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment